A centre of excellence in the area of material sciences through advanced interdisciplinary research leading to the development of novel materials with potential benefit to the society.
- To promote interdisciplinary research in the field of material science.
- To launch necessary instrumentation facilities for advanced functional materials research
- To develop intense interdisciplinary collaborative research ventures with national and international research groups
- To bring together students and investigators from diverse scientific backgrounds to carry out research projects
- To publish quality research articles, books and patents in the field of advanced functional materials.
- To organize conferences/workshops/symposia on diverse fields of material sciences
- To strengthen the interaction with industry and to focus on the developments of new materials
- To establish research networking and collaboration for the promotion of eco-friendly materials development.